What is it?
- I have forgotten the capital of Botswana.
Are you sure you knew it when you boarded the train?
- I think so...
The SNCF cannot be held accountable for what you forgot BEFORE you got on the train.
- But I knew it. It was on the tip of my tongue.
Are there any passengers who can attest to it?
- I talked with the lady next to me about it.
About the capital of Botswana?
- Yes. She had lived a long time in Zimbabwe.
Do you know the capital of Zimbabwe?
- Of course! What a question!
What was the lady's name?
- I don't remember. She told me, but I forget.
If you learned it on the train, it is not our responsibility if you forgot it.
- She told me before you came asking for the tickets. Then I forgot.
So you think it is MY fault?
- Do you work for the SNCF?
- Did you warn me not to forget anything on the train?
It was not me personally.
- You made me forget. You are responsible.
What about Botswana?
What about the capital of Botswana?
- It is not Harrare, I know that...
Do you still think you forgot it on the train?
- What if I had? What could you do?
If you forgot it on the train, the SNCF would make restitution of your memory.
- What about my fare?
Did you forget that too?
- I want restitution of my fare. You could make up any African city.
We cannot be responsible for anything you lose if we do not know you had it originally.
- How could know THAT?
We will need proof you knew it. Can the lady help you?
- I forgot her name.
That's not our fault, madame.
- You know what?
- Forget it.